Seeger Chapel steeple against an orange sunset
News

Combined senior photography displayed

MILLIGAN COLLEGE, TN (February 19, 2009) – The combined photography of Milligan College seniors Jacob Gotchall, Tatum Binford and Emily Smith will be on display Feb. 22-27 in the Milligan College Art Gallery located in the lower level of Derthick Hall. An opening reception will be held on Sunday, Feb. 22, from 2 to 4 p.m.

Gotchall’s show, “La Femme, La Chica, La Donna…The Woman!,” will feature 21 photos with four colored prints and 17 black and whites. He is a business major and photography minor from Mechanicsville, Va.

“My entire show represents the women that walk our planet every day,” Gotchall said. “It captures the essence, beauty and tranquility of all different kinds of women. Portrait photography is by far the field that I have the most success in. This show focuses on all of the women that I have had the privilege to photograph over the past three years.”

Binford, a business major and photography minor from Crawfordsville, Ind., will display 20 prints. Her show, “Drifting Expression,” reflects how her photography as a whole drifts from place to place as subjects catch her eye. The show will contain a variety of subjects including portraits, abstracts and landscapes.

“I enjoy taking landscapes,” Binford said. “Even if I revisit a place dozens of times, I always find a new perspective.”

Smith is a psychology major and a photography minor from Demotte, Ind. The title of her show, “Give Her of the Fruit of Her Hands,” comes from the book of Proverbs.

“Women and children have been the focus of a lot of work I have done,” Smith said. “I am fascinated by the relationship between mother and child and I also have a great respect for families.”

Smith’s show will contain 15 photos of mostly black and white prints with a few color photos.

The exhibit is free and open to the public.

For more information, contact Alice Anthony, associate professor of art at Milligan College, at 423.461.8970.

Posted by on February 19, 2009.